Department O – Horse Achievement
- Only members who have complied with the 2017 HAC rules will be eligible for show.
- The Navajo County Horse Show will be governed according to the Navajo County Fair Horse Achievement Committee (HAC) rules. These rules should be obtained from each horse club leader, but are also available at the fair office.
- All exhibitors must have turned in a 2017 Navajo County Fair entry form and a signed waiver by the required deadline of August 11, 2017. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All exhibitors must be the appropriate age according to HAC rules. Pee Wee members being age 5 by December 31, 2016, and not older than 8 by December 31, 2016. Junior members being age 9 by December 31, 2016, and not older than 11 by December 31, 2016. Intermediate members being age 12 by December 31, 2016, and not older than 13 by December 31, 2016. Seniors being age 14 by December 31, 2016 and not older than 19 by December 31, 2016. Entries due August 11, 2017.
- The Western Horse Show will be on Saturday, September 9, 2017, at 8:00 a.m. The Roping Events and Ranch Activities will be on Wednesday, September 13, 2017, at 8:00am. See leader for schedule.
- No late entries will be accepted. No exceptions.
Premiums: First $10; Second $5; Third $3
A Sub-Class must be listed for each entry entered on the Official Entry Form. Entry(s) will not be accepted without a sub-class listed.
All ages are determined by members age on 12/31/16
- Junior 9 – 11 years old
- Intermediate 12 – 13 years old
- Senior 14 – 19 years old
Division 2401 – Showmanship
- Western Showmanship
Division 2402 – Roping/Ranch Activities
- Break-away roping
- Calf roping
- Team roping – heading
- Team roping – heeling
- Ranch horse activities
Division 2403 – Enjoyment on Horseback
- Pole bending
- Barrel racing
- Goat tying
Division 2404 – Showing Events
- Western bareback
- Western pleasure
- Western horsemanship
- Western riding